The RKM Foundation

The RKM Foundation
Thank you!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Birthday wishes


Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear  T.J
 Happy Birthday to You.

How old are you now ?
How old are you now ?
How old are you now,
Happy Birthday to You!

It's OK if  you want to,we won't judge how well you  can or cant sing, you are among family,this is a safe space:-)

As you  all  may or may not have  known  last  week Thursday  was the birthday  of  one of RKMFoundation, Inc.  youngest team members and to honor his birthday we dedicated our TBT( Throw back Thursday) topic to him. We  wanted our twitter followers  to reminisce about childhood  birthday wishes that  had materialized and those that didn't. It was only  natural that the hashtag should be #wishes!!!

The responses were quirky,fun and unpredictable. The one thing that became evident to us was how simple childhood birthday wishes are, it made us all yearn to be back in that innocent state of mind if only for a few minutes. Mature birthday  wishes brings about  different hopes and desires that  has been far removed from the simple  things we wanted  to make us happy as children. Although that  is a necessary part of adulthood  and in most cases we welcome that  growth,It is never a bad  idea  to hold on to one simple innocent wish that  we can reflect  on every now and then. A wish is a strong feeling or desire  of wanting something  to happen and it is perfectly acceptable to wish for that thing you wanted  on your fifth birthday that you didn't  get  even if you are 45!!


These  were  some of the wishes that were emailed, text or tweeted to us last Thursday, we  urge you to keep the conversation  going  and tell us about one of your  birthday wishes that may or may not have materialized as a child or teen.

" I wished for a barbie doll"
" I really wanted to have a soft baby doll that could really cry"
" I wanted a real fire truck with the ladders that could extend"
" I wanted a train"
 " I wanted a jeans pants"
"  I wanted a dream light"
" I wanted a little sister"
 " I wanted my very own CD player"
" I wanted to  meet Santa Clause"
" I wanted a doll house and real doll clothes"
" I wanted a real cricket bat"
" I wanted a house"
 " I wanted  Lincoln Logs "
" I wanted  a Tevin Campbell CD"
 " I wanted Leg warmers"
 " I wanted a Nintendo"
  " I wanted  to have a real birthday cake"
" I wanted to have a birthday party"
"I wanted to get a real gift wrapped in pretty paper"
" I wanted to meet spiderman"
" I wanted to be superman"
 " I wanted a game boy"
" I wanted my very own room"

To everyone who every made a birthday wish...

Happy Birthday!!!!


 







No comments: