The RKM Foundation

The RKM Foundation
Thank you!

Monday, January 21, 2013

HAPPY MLK DAY!!!!!

We  would  like to say  Happy  Martin  Luther  King Jr  Day!!!!!

  The  first  time  I heard  the " I have a dream"  speech  I was  maybe 9 years  old. Growing  up in  the Caribbean, Jamaica  to be  specific  I  was aware  of our  national  heroes and  how essential  they  had  been in  our  fight  for freedom and independence but  I was not aware  of Martin Luther King.  I could  not  have  grasped  the magnitude  of that  speech at  such  a tender  age but  I  knew it was  important  based  on the reaction  of the adults around me years  after  this historic  speech had been  made.
Those  words  spoken  on  August 28,1963  in Washington  DC  will  continue  to speak volumes  not  just  to the citizens  of the United States of America but  to  the citizens  of  the world.  We   should  all be  seen  as  equals and  continue  to  strive to  realize the  dream  he  so boldly declared!!! 

"Our  lives  begin  to end  the day  we become silent  about things that  matter."

"Faith is taking the  first  step   even  when  you  don't see the whole  staircase"

" I have decided  to stick  with  love. Hate  is  too great  a burden to  bear"

" Nothing  in the world  is  more dangerous  than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" 

Much love& Walk good!!!!!

No comments: